Friday, 15 August 2014

Style | I Take My Coffee Black...





I love the new statement jewellery trend, huge chunky necklaces now complete any look to add more colour and interest. That is why I jumped at the chance to work with Rose and Storm and feature one of their gorgeous necklaces on my blog.

I received this beautiful candy pink chunky bead necklace and I couldn't be more happy with it! The necklace sits well and is the perfect size to catch peoples attention. While some statement necklaces can be too overbearing on the outfit, this one from Rose and Storm is perfect and gives just enough colour and detail while still being simple and clean cut.




If you have read my previous posts, you already know my obsession with black. I love black clothing, and I always feel really comfortable wearing all black and it saves me from having to think about colour and pattern matching! 

I do, however, love interesting clothes so for me it is important to add shape and texture to any of my mono-coloured outfits. I love this tailored skort from Zara! I picked it up in the Zara spring sale for under £10 and love it. I feel that it is great at slimming down my not-so-slim thighs and also helps to elongate my legs thanks to its pointed design! 



These little strappy heels were also a bargain! The beauties come from H&M and were less the £15. While I usually love super high heels, I had a sensible turn when I purchased these, they are the smallestheels I own but they are super comfy and I still think they look fine!

I love the delicate feel that these heels have, the slender straps make them look really elegant and I think the minimal detail and minimal fabric really work with the bulk of black that the outfit uses! 

I always love to look quite smart, and that's why I love the structured shoulder pads that are hidden in the boxy top. The outfit as a whole has quite a masculine feel, but the heels soften it up. 


I also love white nails, as I feel they always look so fresh and crisp! I am wearing Models Own new HyperGel Range!

All my love, 

CJ.


Necklace | Rose and Storm
Top | Zara
Skort | Zara
Shoes | H&M
Bag | Ebay