Monday, 18 August 2014

Style | Sophisti-kid





I love a good blazer. I feel they really make any outfit that bit smarter. Fitted jackets and blazers in all different colours, styles and variations can be seen frequently on the streets this summer. What's more is that they are the perfect transitional piece that will see you through the warmer autumn months as well.

I seem to look so glazed/shocked in these  picture so I apologise. I think the room was just to bright for my little eyes. I remind myself of a rabbit caught in the headlights, but we will just  have to work with them and hope all is not lost!


Chunky statement necklaces have been a key trend this spring/summer, and this has been followed by chunky everything else! Shoes, bracelets, earnings, bags, any accessories that is larger than life can be welcomed to adorn a fashionable ensemble.

I absolutely adore this bracelet which was kindly sent to me by the wonderful lady behind Accessory Wednesday. While I usually wouldn't have picked this piece, I am so happy that it was sent to me because I love the chunky detailing it gave to the outfit.

It was really easy to style and such an eye-catching piece. I got so many compliments on it when I wore it in the city, which is always a sign of a good choice! The peoples voice matters! The bracelet has a crystal charm about it, and the layering affect gives it an almost baroque style of the beautiful eclectic eccentric feeling of lavish and luxury. An absolutely beautiful piece. 

Make sure to check out Accessory Wednesday where a new auction is held EVERY Wednesday for your chance to purchase some of their statement pieces! 

I have paired my trusty white clutch, one of my favourite pieces ever! It has seemed timeless so far, but I am sure there will come a day when I will no longer be able to pair this beauty with an outfit for instant fashion points.

I have collected shoes since I can remember, they have always been a huge love of mine. When I was younger I used to chose barbies (yes I was that girl that played with barbies non-stop) just by which shoes they came with. Once I got them home I would take the shoes and collect them in a little pot and would wish that for Christmas Santa would bring me them in my shoe size! So I have a pretty good collection, but it doesn't stop me from wanting more.




This pair are a very statement pair, there is nothing elegant about them. They re just big in every aspect. The buckle, the strap, the platform, the heel are all made up of a good dose of chunkiness. I like the way they seem to work well with the clean cut blazer, yet they contrast with the delicate floral print of the playsuit.  

Hope you are all well, and sorry this post was a bit delayed!

All my love,

CJ.




Blazer | H&M
Playsuit | Dorothy Perkins
Shoes | New Look
Bracelet | Accessory Wednesday